WHAT TAX EFFICIENT GIVING MEANS TO CHARITIES
There was good news for charities in Budget 2013 when significant changes were introduced to benefit charitable organisations through tax relief on charitable donations.
- Charities can now claim tax back on charitable donations made by all tax payers, not just PAYE tax payers
- A new rate of 31% will be applied to all donations over €250. This means a €250 donation attracts a tax rebate of €112, increasing the value of your donation by 45 per cent to €362.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US TO CLAIM TAX RELIEF
- It is a straightforward and simple process, which allows your donation to go even further!
- By simply completing a CHY3 tax relief form you can help Cork ARC Cancer Support House claim tax relief on your donation from the Revenue Commissioners at no extra cost to you. An enduring certificate (CHY3) is valid for a period of 5 years, unless you cancel it before the end of that period. This means we don’t have to mail supporters each year. You should complete this form only in respect of donations for 2013 and subsequent years.
- If you pay tax and you give more than €250 in a calendar year, we can reclaim the tax paid on your donation(s). This only applies to personal gifts, and not to funds raised through sponsorship.
- Your donation can be donation as a once-off gift or by instalments. For example, a monthly gift of €21 per month over 12 months totals €252, and qualifies for the tax relief scheme.