Recipe by Lucy Hyland
Serves: 4-6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes
This dip is packed full of aubergine and really tasty. Aubergine is a great source of fibre and potassium and goes so well with the garlic and lemon. The lemon here can be quite sharp, cutting through any metallic taste you might have. You could also serve this as a topping on roast vegetables as they come out of the oven and it would make a really great, tasty side dish.
- 500g aubergine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A small handful of chopped parsley
- ½ lemon – juiced
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180*c.
- This is an easy peasy way of cooking aubergine.
- Pierce the aubergine with a fork a few times and place in oven about 40 mins.
- When the aubergine is cooled, blend all ingredients (except salt and pepper) in a food processor till almost fully blended. Season to taste.
This tasty recipe is ideal for any one experiencing problems with taste. The citrus hit from the lemon is ideal of cutting through any background taste issues and allowing you to eat more food. The garlic and pepper gives this dish strong flavours that can also “overcome” and lingering taste that your treatment may have left.