Welcome to Cork ARC Cancer Support House. Simply call to the door or telephone without an appointment for support, free of charge.
Our friendly and professional nurse and volunteer team welcome you to our service and want you to feel homely and relaxed when you visit our centre in contrast to the atmosphere of clinics and hospitals.
We will meet you when you drop-in and support you to explore the challenges cancer has brought to you. We will listen to you in confidence and work with you, finding how best we can support you.
Our aim is to provide you with the best advice, practical and emotional support that will help make a difference to you and your family at this time.
PROGRAMME OF SERVICES - AUTUMN 2018
The drop in centre is the focus of our service. Call into our centre at ‘Cliffdale’, 5 O’Donovan Rossa Road, Cork without an appointment and talk in confidence with one of our trained volunteers in a relaxed atmosphere.
All of our services are free of charge. As space is limited on our programmes, booking is essential. To book your place or find out more about the Autumn Programme, please contact us.
ONE TO ONE SUPPORT
Drop In and Telephone Support
One to One Art Therapy
Art Therapy Group
- Commencing Thursday 20th September for eight weeks, 11.00 am - 1.00 pm
INFORMATION AND EDUCATION
Social Welfare, Benefits and Entitlements
Diet in Cancer Information Evening - Fully booked
Bereavement Support Information Evening
- Wednesday 21st November, 7.00 - 9.00 pm
IMPROVING HEALTH, EXERCISE & WELLBEING
Introduction to Hour of Calm
- Every Wednesday at 10.00 am
Hour of Calm
- At Ennismore Retreat Centre every Wednesday at 11.30 am
Introduction to Mindfulness
- Commencing Wednesday 17th October for six weeks, 1.30 – 2.30 pm
Pilates for Men
- Commencing Monday 24th September for six weeks, 12.00 – 1.00 pm
NEW - Getting Active after Cancer – an exercise and wellness based programme
- At Mardyke Arena, for eight weeks.
BREAST CANCER SUPPORT
One to One Support
Breast Cancer Support Group
Pilates for Women After Breast Cancer
- Commencing Monday 15th October for eight weeks, 10.00 – 11.00 am
Hormonal Therapy Information Morning
Lymphoedema Information Morning
- At Ennismore Retreat Centre, Monday 22nd October, 10.00am – 1.00pm
SECONDARY CANCER SUPPORT
One to One Support for people living with a secondary cancer
Support Group - Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- At Ennismore Retreat Centre, commencing Wednesday 26th September for nine weeks, 10.30 am – 12.30 pm
Monthly re-meet for Secondary Cancer Support Group
- At Ennismore Retreat Centre, one Monday per month, 10.30am – 1.00pm
SUPPORT FOR CHILDREN
CLIMB® Programme - Childrens’ Lives Include Moments of Bravery
- Commencing Tuesday 2nd October, 5.00 – 6.30 pm
ACTIVITIES WE SUPPORT
Dragon Boating - Visit corkdragons.ie
Bravehearts Choir - Visit braveheartschoir.org
Cork ARC Cancer Support House
5, O’Donovan Rossa Rd.
tel 021 427 6688
Monday - Thursday 9.30 am – 4.30 pm
Friday 9.30 am - 3.00 pm