Welcome to Cork ARC Cancer Support House. Simply call to the door or telephone without an appointment for support, free of charge.
Our friendly and professional nurse and volunteer team welcome you to our service and want you to feel homely and relaxed when you visit our centre in contrast to the atmosphere of clinics and hospitals.
We will meet you when you drop-in and support you to explore the challenges cancer has brought to you. We will listen to you in confidence and work with you, finding how best we can support you.
Our aim is to provide you with the best advice, practical and emotional support that will help make a difference to you and your family at this time.
PROGRAMME OF SERVICES - AUTUMN 2018
The drop in centre is the focus of our service. Call into our centre at ‘Cliffdale’, 5 O’Donovan Rossa Road, Cork without an appointment and talk in confidence with one of our trained volunteers in a relaxed atmosphere.
All of our services are free of charge. As space is limited on our programmes, booking is essential. To book your place or find out more about the Autumn Programme, please contact us.
ONE TO ONE SUPPORT
- Drop In and Telephone Support
- Therapeutic Massage
- One to One Art Therapy
- Art Therapy Group
- Commencing Thursday 13th September for eight weeks
INFORMATION AND EDUCATION
- Social Welfare, Benefits and Entitlements
- Diet in Cancer Information Evening
- Tuesday 11th September, 7.00 - 9.00 pm, location to be confirmed
- Bereavement Support Information Evening
- Wednesday 21st November, 7.00 - 9.00 pm
- Lymphoedema Information Mornings
IMPROVING HEALTH, EXERCISE & WELLBEING
- Introduction to Hour of Calm
- Every Wednesday at 10.00 am
- Hour of Calm at Ennismore Retreat Centre
- Every Wednesday at 11.30 am
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Commencing Wednesday 17th October for six weeks
- Pilates for Men
- T’ai Chi
- Commencing Monday 24th September for six weeks
BREAST CANCER SUPPORT
- One to One Support
- Breast Cancer Support Group
- Pilates for Women After Breast Cancer
- Commencing Monday 15th October for eight weeks
- Hormonal Therapy Information Morning
PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT
- One to One Support
- Prostate Cancer Information Workshop
SECONDARY CANCER SUPPORT
- One to One Support for people living with a secondary cancer
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Support group for people living with a secondary cancer
- Commencing Wednesday 26th September for nine weeks
SUPPORT FOR CHILDREN
- CLIMB® Programme - Childrens’ Lives Include Moments of Bravery
Cork ARC Cancer Support House
5, O’Donovan Rossa Rd.
tel 021 427 6688
Monday - Thursday 9.30 am – 4.30 pm
Friday 9.30 am - 3.00 pm